Sunday, October 9, 2016

Do you see what I see?

Do you see what I see? 

Sunday evening, I received this (edited) email from a local community organization:   

Dear Members,
(A local) Supermarket will have a hot dog cart out front on Saturday and Sunday Oct 15 & 16.  They are providing the cart and all the food.  They are offering it to us as a fundraising opportunity.

All we need are some students and a parent or two to oversee the students.  This is a great opportunity for the students to get volunteer service hours for helping out. 

Did anything or any word move you?  Make you think, question, or pause? 


An hour later...

...while reading The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead, I read this:  






Did anything or any word move you? Make you think, question, or pause? 


Words matter.  Context matter.  The lens in which I view this world matters.  

Can you see what I see?  Can you feel what I feel?  






No comments: